Saturday, July 12, 2008

Alexi's Bed & Bath






Here is my sweet Alexi's room and bath and of course it's PINK! Would you expect anything less? As you can see she has a ba-gillion stuffed animals. But her favorites are her Duckies and Ladybugs. The first toy we ever bought her is the stuffed duck in the middle on the top shelf. I had it with me while I was in the hospital after her birth and Shane bought her a "baby duckie" to be with her in the NICU. "Mr. Duckie" as we like to call it (even though we refer to the larger duck as the mommy duck), has followed us to each hospital stay. Crazy you can find comfort in things as silly as a stuffed duck, but somehow Mr. Duckie makes it all better.

Lexi's ladybugs hold a special place in our hearts as well. We have called her Love Bug for as long as I can remember. She was a ladybug her first Halloween AND this past year. Her first AND third birthday parties were ladybugs. Friends of mine tell me that when they see ladybugs or PINK or better yet pink ladybugs they are reminded of Lexi. She has ladybug jammies, ladybug ear rings/necklace, a ladybug nightlight, ladybug hair bows and ladybug blankets, to name a few. So I think it's safe to say that not only is our daughter PINK she is a Ladybug as well! We love you Love Bug!!

2 comments:

Dana said...

Oh, I love Lexi's room and her bathroom. It looks so cute and PINK. =) I love it.

Mandy said...

Adorable! You did such a good job with Lexi's room!