Friday, October 28, 2011

Hello!

Well, it's been quite some time since I "really" blogged. I miss it and I'm trying to recomit myself to taking the time to do it. So it's seems fitting to do a mini update on what's going on in each of our lives.

Shane - The husband - The Dad - Mr. Amazing


Shane has been hard at work (as usual). Over the summer he was released as Ward Clerk and called to be an assistant Stake Clerk. It's been so nice to have him home every Sunday, every day of the week really. Being the ward clerk was so time consuming, however that calling blessed our lives immensely. But the release came just when it was needed. That too in it self was a huge blessing as Shane has been using all his free time diligently studying and taking all SEVEN (yes seven) licensing exams for Architecture. He has successfully passed 3 exams (yay!), taken the 4th (still waiting on the results) and is scheduled to take the 5th exam in two and a half weeks. His goal is to have them completed by January. He can't wait (neither can I)! It will be so nice to finally have them finished. We feel very strongly that once they are complete our lives will be blessed even further. As for work, it's been picking up, which is really nice since the downfall of the economy people don't really need Architects. When he isn't working, studying, playing with the girls, and stoping to say "hello" to me in the few moments we get together he will now be in the temple. As he has volunteered to be an ordinance worker. So cool, huh? More blessings...I love it! He's AMAZING!!!

Kate - The Wife - The Mom - Mrs. Trying Hard


As for me, I'm still at stay home with the most amazing little girls in the world! I fill my days with hugs and kisses, diaper changes and memories that will last a lifetime. I wouldn't have it any other way!!! Each day holds a new surprise, adventure and challenge. I try harder each day to live it better than the last, sometimes succeeding and sometimes not. But I still get up the next day and try harder. I just celebrated my 33rd birthday in October and I serve as the visiting teaching coordinator in our ward. I have been baking like crazy, and giving it all away. (Dieting will do that to ya.) And I've successfully lost 56 lbs. Embarrassing as that may be to admit, I'm still very proud of myself. I'm still working on the last 17 lbs of my goal and finding it very difficult to stay motivated, especially with the holidays in the near (near) future. The last few pounds are the hardest to loose. But I tell myself everyday "you can do this" even when it seems impossible.

Alexi - The Daughter - The Big Sister - Miss. Faithful


Wow! It's been a great year for Alexi, knock on wood! She hash't been admitted to the hospital in over a year. HUGE accomplishment!!! Only a few hiccups in her health and she seems to be improving each and every day. She now weighs in at 49 lbs and is 48 inches tall. She celebrated her 7th birthday day in August and is on her way to her 8th. Alexi is now in the 2nd grade and she loves her school teacher and therapists. They are all so good to her and really they are like family to us. This past summer Alexi went swimming, got her first sunburn, went to the zoo and just enjoyed the lazy days. She continues to be be faithful and enduring. I love that about her.

Laurissa - The Daughter - The Little Sister - Miss. Joyful


Crazy, crazy Laurissa. She's a ball of joy! Smiles all day long, says the funniest things and sure knows how to push my buttons. My baby is growing up, she turned 2 in June. She loves to be a big girl and do what ever big people do. She "helps" fold the laundry, cook, change the sheets on the beds, clean, you name it she's there. I really do love my "little helper". Some of her favorites are Hello Kitty, Mickey Mouse Club House, visiting temple grounds, hugging and kissing any picture of Jesus, reading and reading anything (stacks of them), pumpkins (cuz it's Halloween), cupcakes - not eating them but pictures of them, etc., dancing, and the color orange, and I'm pretty sure her favorite person is Jess (a good friend of mine). Jess hung the moon as far as Laurissa is concerned. She spreads JOY everywhere she goes a huge blessing to everyone's lives.

Well, there you have it. Us in a nutshell. It's good to be back and I look forward to posting again soon. Until then.... :))


***I knew as soon as I posted this Shane would tell me he passed his 4th exam, and sure enough he did!! YAY!!!

2 comments:

blairsblog6 said...

Yay for Shane! Missed u and the girls today! Have fun at the dentist tomorrow. Oh, and by the way Jess loves Laurissa too!

Dana said...

Glad to see you back. You look fabulous!!!! Can't believe Lexi is 7 years old, glad she is doing so well. We haven't made it up your way yet, but maybe next year.