Friday, August 15, 2008

Face Lift

A little late spring cleaning spurred on yet another home improvement project. Shane and I have never really liked our master bathroom. As a matter a fact it's our least favorite room in the house!! The drabness has always reminded me of apartment living. Cream on cream on cream!!!! We're not to crazy about the layout, the tub is a little too short for a true full on soak, we hate the shower door - it looks cheap (probably because it is), the counter top is ugly with it's gold fleck - yes I said gold fleck! Can you say 1970-80! And although it may look like we have plenty of storage, the drawers in our vanity are way to shallow and narrow to put anything of real value in them and the pipes under the sinks crowd the storage space there as well. And last but not least, the paint job done by the painters was far from perfect. Ohhh...what the heck, we would love to just gut the thing and start over but that isn't a possibility so we do what we can. However, on a positive note... I can say that we do like what we call the Toilet Room. It's nice to have a separate space for the toilet. Any whooooo....we've been wanting to paint it for a little over a year now and thought that this would be a perfect time. It's amazing how a little paint can make you feel completely different about a space. Speaking for myself, I would say that it has moved up on my list of likability considerably!

The before... See what I mean about the cream on cream on cream.....

The during....

The after....


I love my bathroom now! We painted the walls a charcoal grey and the vanity a clean white. No more cream on cream! The contrast between the grey and the crisp white is great. It feels very classy with a modern sleek touch. Now....there are still plenty of things that we would like to change about the bathroom (the counter top and shower door are musts) but the face lift that it received helped make all the other things seem not so bad. We still need to put the finishing touches on our accessories to make it perfect and I told Shane that mounting a TV by the tub would make up for it being on the short side. (Don't you think it would be great to soak while catching a little tube? I DO!!!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kate and Shane, this is so beautiful. Y'all are awesome decorators. So gorgeous!!!